The eco-friendly paint market has come a long way in recent years. No longer does “going green” have to mean that you are limited in your paint choice. Brands such as Farrow & Ball and Earthborn have developed eco-friendly paints with an extensive range of colour options.
Earthborn Paint Range
The Earthborn range offer different paint finishes for different purposes around your home. These include:
- Claypaint – Arguably the most well known of the Earthborn range, this clay based paint is breathable and has a distinctive, ultra matt finish that softens and enhances the light in your room, while its contemporary colours tempt the senses.
- Lifestyle – This range is hard-wearing, durable and washable emulsion with a low-sheen finish.
- Eco Chic – This is a clay based paint perfect for updating your furniture.
- Eco Pro Emulsion – This trade range is a low odour, environmentally friendly alternative to a conventional emulsion. Available in Matt and Lo Sheen finishes.
- Eco Pro Eggshell – The eggshell range is suitable for interior walls, ceiling and woodwork. Considered as a complete all-rounder.
Lets take a look at some of the benefits of choosing the eco-friendly option:
Low VOC Content
VOC or Volatile Organic Compounds are carbon based chemicals compounds that are present in most commercial paint brands. They are considered to be damaging to your health and the environment. Eco-friendly paints with low VOC will cause relatively lesser damage.
Lower Health Risks
VOC remains in paints up to five years after application and even when the paint has dried up completely. As your eco-friendly paint is VOC free, it prevents a variety of infections.
You might find that eco-paints are more expensive initially, however in the long run they can be more cost efficient as generally the quality of eco-paints are superior in their paint coverage, colour retention and abrasion resistant.
Reduced environmental impact
Mostly all eco-friendly paints are water based and do not leave harmful footprints. The natural and friendly components in this type of paint are biodegradable having less of a negative impact on the environment.